Consulting-Specifying Engineer 2017 Product of the Year Bronze Winner
Frako was awarded the Consulting-Specifying Engineer 2017 Product of the Year Bronze Winner.
Video – 2 Reasons for winning!
The unique design takes into consideration reactor voltage boosting and harmonics on the electrical system!
Consulting-Specifying Engineer 2017 Product of the Year Bronze Winner: Frako Capacitors announced a dual purpose capacitor product line for the power quality industry. The new and versatile DD60 capacitor line offers robust ratings with UL / CSA approval.
- The new DD60 capacitors are designed for real-world conditions such as high ambient temperature (up to 60°C continuous) and high harmonic current. They can carry up to 165% of their nominal capacitor current, continuously giving high performance in harmonic environments.
- Continuous voltage capability of 110% of rated voltage makes them suitable for use either with or without a series reactor (tuning, detuning or filter). This unique rating is a first in power factor capacitor design and enables one capacitor to serve a multitude of applications.
- The DD60 capacitors allow for a reactor to be retrofitted into an existing power factor system to block harmonics and prevent resonance. They can be used with or without a series reactor in either power factor or harmonic filter systems minimizing stocking requirements.
- Frako DD60 capacitors include triple safety features such as all 3 phases disconnect at overpressure plus self-healing, segmented metalized film to protect against catastrophic failures. The DD60 capacitors are dry-type no leak capacitors (with only a thin film of oil applied to metalized film where it is most beneficial) eliminating leakage of oil which can occur in traditional oiled filled capacitors. The cylindrical design uses optimized geometrical shape and conforms to industry best practices for internal heat dissipation.
- Secure, maintenance-free terminals, which offer anti-vibration connections and maintain terminal pressure for the lifetime of the capacitor, are factory installed on all DD60 capacitors. Type DD60 are available in voltage ratings of 240/264, 480/528 and 600/660.
Want more information? See our Application Note on using DD60 Capacitors in Harmonic Filters: App Note DD60 Capacitors
Consulting-Specifying Engineer 2017 Product of the Year Bronze Winner!
Also available are Type DP60 in voltage ratings 690 and 800V, with slightly different performance specifications.
The announcement is at Consulting-Specifying Engineer: